Search This Blog

Friday, August 3, 2012

New sculptural tree forms inspired by american artist Roxy Paine.

New tree/branch forms

I cut a pile of steel tubes and rods and let the shape naturally start to form themselves. 
Its been super fun working with this new construction method. I think I will have a lot of cool ideas come from this. 
I think a lot of wall/floor/table and ceiling lights are in my near future! Im really excited to get building


                                                                           
this is just a start to a full tree I plan to make.

 keeping the welded seams 
grinding the welds smooth and blending them

This was the latest piece I have been working on. I plan to hang this on an outside wall and let it naturally rust and really get some cool coloring
 This piece measures 33" long and about 12" at its widest point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I appreciate your input!