Search This Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2013

New Kitchen customs

Custom steel pot rack.

I designed this custom pot rack to fit over our fridge to utilize the space. The rack is constructed of 1x.25" steel bar and is supported with 4 hooks that I have bolted to the ceiling.
 By modifying some S hooks each pot has a hanger that can be moved for a changing pot selection. 



Wall mounted swinging task light.

I used 1/4" stainless steel rod and a aircraft cable. A plate is screwed to the wall and the arm is slipped into the corresponding eyelets that have been welded to the pate. This lets the arm and light swing from side to side and illuminate either the sink or work island.


 I've strung a simple round lamp cord through the eyelets on the rod and added a glass shade.




North shore Driftwood accent lighting.


I found this piece of drift wood on a lake superior beach that I cut to length. I then was able to mill out a slot and insert a LED light bar to create a fun and unique light for our kitchen pass through.
By hardwiring the light I was able to add the switch to the main 
light switch panel in the kitchen for a clean look.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I appreciate your input!