Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Custom Lamp/statue display

Custom Lamp/statue display


My client was looking to turn these two beautiful antique hand carved indian wood statues into table lamps for his home. 


 After taking my measurements I determined it would be best to create a stand for the statue to sit on and the Lamp post would follow up the back side of the statue. 


I welded up two steel square tubes to follow the silhouette as well as two solid wood base mounts. I then routed out cavities for the electrical components such as a dimmer switch and junction box.



After sanding, priming and 4 coats of a hight gloss enamel the base was complete. I then attached a non slip foam pad to the underside of the lamp as well as a .125" textured plastic plate to the top of the wood for the statue to sit on.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I appreciate your input!