Search This Blog

Thursday, February 13, 2014

New custom flags and poles installed at the Walkway apartment complex in uptown minneapolis.




This is the south side of the building and the mail entrance to the apartments. 



They plywood frame was then covered with 5" thick stone.


Once the stone was attached to the wall 
I was able to drill through the stone then plywood then 2x6" studs and into an adjacent service room.


I secured the pole mounts to the walls with 24" 5/8" threaded rods. 4 on each mount with SS lock nuts, washers and acorn nuts for a clean finished look.


The poles ar 1/4" 6061 aluminum that i straight lined and anodized gold to give the appearance of US4 brass to match the rest of the buildings metal work. 


On the inside of the wall I welded up custom wall brackets to disperse the load to the studs.


Each stud has a minimum tensile strength of 53,000psi and all nuts are locked down with lock nuts and a locktite.



All of the wall mounts, trucks and cleats are aluminum and enameled black. 

Both flags were custom made for this application at a flag company in IL.

And to keep the flags from wrapping around the poles I added two stainless steel non tangle rods. This will not only keep the flags nice and straight they will increase the life of the flag 50% if not longer.










1 comment:

  1. Wow, I don't think that those flags are going anywhere. I want to get something similar installed on my office building. Alongside the U.S. and state flags, I want to have a custom flag with my company's logo on it.

    http://www.allamericanflagandpennant.com/custom-flags.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I appreciate your input!